biases cognitive effects fallacies deception with statistics effective business writing body language
What Is Lampadomancy?
Common interpretations were:
- Single point on the flame — good fortune.
- Two points on the flame — bad luck.
- Bent flame — illness.
- Sparks — news pending.
- Extinction of a flame — very bad omen.
In an alternate method, the seer reads the spots of carbon deposited on paper sheets held over the flame. In another method, the seer uses the lamp to attract spirits to the flames to ask them about future events. (In this method, a special lamp with grotesque forms is used.)
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a bias or fallacy that we've missed?